The Iron Chef & The Iron Bartender
Bring the heat and excitement of The Iron Chef & The Iron Bartender Challenge to your next event! You and your team will compete in a creative four course cook-off, including appetizer, main course, desert and a signature cocktail. Our judges will bring the food, spices, cooking equipment, chef hats, and a secret ingredient. All you'll need is a bit of creativity, no real cooking skills required!
Our team building events are:
Fun and Experiential: Our events are lively, fun, hands-on, and inquiry based, and designed to create lasting and memorable “ah ha” moments for every participant.
Tailor Made: We tailor all of our core workshops and retreats to meet your team’s unique needs, and offer fully customized workshops and retreats for groups of 5 to 300 participants.
Easy To Plan: Complete our quick and easy online planning form, and then sit back and relax while we handle all of the details of your workshop or retreat.
- Pre-event consultation call
- Support with venue and catering bookings
- All event materials, supplies, and food
- Professional Facilitator(s)
- Post-event participant survey
- Event photos
Logistics & Details
- This event is 2 - 2.5 hours long, for groups of 5-200 participants of all fitness and ability levels.
The introduction and conclusion of this event requires a private space large enough to accommodate the entire group to gather for instructions, debrief, and awards.
Each team of 3 to 8 participants (depending on group size) requires a team table large enough to prepare a meal.
This event is portable and can be facilitated almost anywhere. We’ve worked in boardrooms, gardens, conference centres, and even a barn! If this event is hosted outdoors, we require sufficient ventilated space to set up BBQ's (one BBQ for every two teams).
- This event can be facilitated with or without the use of technology (in the case of a remote location or outdoor venue)
how it works
- You Dovetail facilitator will kick off the event by providing teams with guidelines and a timeline for the event, along with some basic team instructions and a kitchen safety briefing.
- All teams will be assigned to their own cooking stations with all necessary kitchen supplies
- Each team will be provided with a team envelope, including their instructions for the event, a list of team roles, some basic cooking tips, and more. Before they begin to cook, they must assign roles to every team member, such as the "grill master", "desert chef", "bartender", and then decorate their chef hats with their new title.
- Next, teams will be required to draw/ write a menu plan and determine which ingredients they will use, and what they may wish to barter for with other teams.
- Teams may earn additional points and special ingredients from the Iron Chef "market" by completing team tasks, such as answering Iron Chef/ company-specific trivia, performing a song, completing chef-bingo and more.
- Teams will present their dishes and drinks to the judges and participants at scheduled intervals throughout the event. They will be judged and awarded points based on a list of criteria including presentation, description and explanation of the dish, Instagram photo of the dish, creativity, and taste.
- At the end of the event the Dovetail facilitator will announce the winning team, and highlight some of the most memorable dishes presented during the event.
beneftis of participation
- Encourages group decision making
- Enhances team bonding and helps participants develop familiarity with every colleague
- Improves communication
- Increases collaboration
- Eases tension and encourages laughter and relaxation among colleagues
The teambuilding investment for The Iron Chef and Iron Chef Bartender, begins at $3000, and varies depending on a number of factors, including the group size, customization, and location.
Investments are negotiable for qualified charitable organizations and non-profits.