In your very own episode of "Cake Bosses", you and your team will turn simple plan cakes or cupcakes into creative masterpieces using all tools, decorating supplies and equipment we provide. You'll create a design and submit it for approval from the judges, and earn "cake coins" which you'll use to "purchase" supplies from the Cake Boss Shop. Teams will have a limited amount of time to create their masterpieces, before the judges evaluate each cake against a strict set of criteria. The team with the highest score will be declared "Cake Bosses", and the first slices of cake when you all dig in after the event. We're also happy to donate any extra cakes to a local food bank, shelter, or your preferred charity!
Our team building events are:
Fun and Experiential: Our events are lively, fun, hands-on, and inquiry based, and designed to create lasting and memorable “ah ha” moments for every participant.
Tailor Made: We tailor all of our core events, workshops, and retreats to meet your team’s unique needs, and offer fully customized workshops and retreats for groups of 5 to 300 participants.
Easy To Plan: Complete our quick and easy online planning form, and then sit back and relax while we handle all of the details of your workshop or retreat.
- Pre-event consultation call
- Support with venue and catering bookings
- All event materials, supplies, and food
- Professional Facilitator(s)
- Post-event participant survey
- Event photos
Logistics & Details
- This event is 2 to 2.5 hours long, for groups of 4-200 participants of all fitness and ability levels.
The introduction and conclusion of this event requires a private space large enough to accommodate the entire group to gather for instructions, debrief, and awards.
Each team of 4 to 6 participants (depending on group size) requires a team table large enough to decorate cakes.
This event is portable and can be facilitated almost anywhere. We’ve worked in boardrooms, gardens, conference centres, and even a barn!
- This event can be facilitated with or without the use of technology (in the case of a remote location or outdoor venue)
how it works
- Your Dovetail facilitator will kick off the event by providing teams of 4 to 6 participants with guidelines, and a timeline for the event, along with some basic team instructions, a kitchen safety briefing, and a short cake-decorating demonstration, including how to use fondant, and how to use specific cake decorating tools.
- All teams are assigned to their own Cake Boss stations with bakers supplies, such as chef hats, aprons, gloves, bowls, spatulas, icing bags with a variety of tips, food colouring, fondant, icing, candies, cake decorations, large pre-baked sheet cakes and tools to "build" extreme cake or cupcake designs, such as clean cardboard, wooden dowels for supports, and Styrofoam (to be used for decorative, non-edible elements only), etc.
- Each team will be provided with their own team envelope, including their instructions for the event, the event timeline, a list of team roles, and some cake decorating tips and inspiration.
- Before they begin to decorate, teams must assign roles to every team member, such as the "lead designer", "architect", "icing master", etc. Once they have designated roles, they are required to draw/ write their cake design and determine which ingredients they will use, and what they may wish to barter for with other teams.
- Teams may earn additional points and special ingredients from the Cake Bosses "market" by completing team tasks, such as answering Cake Boss/ company-specific trivia, performing a song, completing bakers-bingo and more.
- At the end of the event teams create and perform a unique and entertaining cake presentation for the judges and other teams. At larger events (more than 5 teams), judges will review each team's cake and short presentation, and then select the top three cakes and presentations to be shared with the entire group.
- Cakes and presentations are judged and awarded points based on a list of criteria including presentation, description and explanation of the dish, Instagram photo of the dish, creativity, and extreme effort.
- At the end of the event a Dovetail facilitator will announce the winning Cake Bosses, and highlight some of the most memorable dishes presented during the event.
beneftis of participation
- Encourages group decision making
- Enhances team bonding and helps participants develop familiarity with every colleague
- Improves communication
- Increases collaboration
- Eases tension and encourages laughter and relaxation among colleagues
The teambuilding investment for our Cake Bosses event starts at $3000 and varies depending on a number of factors, including the group size, customization, and location.
Investments are negotiable for qualified charitable organizations and non-profits.